Steps to Ensure a Successful Campaign
Customized strategic plans map the pathway to success.
The strategic plan is the cornerstone of any fundraising campaign. It not only identifies your community’s “needs,” but also outlines a clear plan of action to address those needs.
An FCD professional works closely with your organization’s leadership and staff to ensure the plan reflects input from a wide range of corporate and community leaders. This creates a strong sense of ownership for the plan, resulting in a high level of confidence that the plan addresses all community concerns.
FCD professionals then facilitate and lead strategic planning sessions with corporate and community leaders and temper the outcome with years of experience with similar initiatives in other communities throughout the Southeast.
The finalized plan is a cohesive document that includes:
- A clear statement of the challenges facing your community
- Action plans to address those challenges
- Costs associated with implementing each component of the plan
Superior research means superior results.
A comprehensive feasibility analysis allows us to examine significant factors pertinent to the initiative, enabling us to gauge community support for your campaign. Over a six-to-eight-week period, a team of FCD professionals conducts 50-75 confidential, face-to-face interviews with respected business leaders to assess every aspect of the strategic plan. The goal is to obtain the needed data to make a “Go/No-Go” decision about your campaign.
With a feasibility analysis, we ask:
- Is the campaign goal realistic?
- Who should be considered for volunteer leadership in the initiative?
- How should the campaign be organized?
- What level of support can the client organization count on from the corporate community?
- Should the strategic plan be revised to bring it in line with public opinion?
- What factors affect the campaign either positively or negatively?
- Are any other community events in direct conflict with the initiative?
Click here to read the Ten Benefits of a Feasibility Analysis.
Let us put our 100+ years of campaign experience to work for you.
Campaign development is an FCD hallmark. Our unique campaign structure and professional onsite management ensure you obtain your goal on time and under budget.
When FCD directs your campaign:
- You can expect to reach your goal — 93% of all FCD campaigns have reached or exceeded their goals!
- You can expect your campaign to finish on time — from start to finish, your campaign will last up to eight months.
- You can expect your campaign management cost not to exceed the fixed fees we quote up front — on the average, FCD’s fees will be approximately 7-9% of the amount raised.
- You can expect a full-time, professional FCD campaign manager onsite to manage every aspect of the campaign.
- You can expect the expert supervision of the FCD senior management team
- You can expect the involvement of the top corporate and community leaders in your area on behalf of your organization and campaign.
In short, the arrival of an FCD campaign executive signals the beginning of a successful partnership between FCD and your organization.